Monday, February 8, 2010

Making the Leap

It has taken me forever to make the leap onto the blogging bandwagon.

I remember the day I found myself sitting at my computer on a lazy Sunday afternoon and stumbled upon my first mixed-media artist blog. A new world opened up to me and in that very moment I was hooked.

I quickly found out how addicting reading blogs can be. I found it so inspiring to read blogs of like-minded souls. I could easily spend a whole day reading blog after blog and feasting on all the yummy artwork in blogland, but alas I would never get anything done if I didn’t force myself to step away from the keyboard!

As a jewelry designer and artist, I’ve been asked numerous times: “Do you have a blog?” “No, not yet,” I would answer, knowing I didn’t have time to add one more thing to my list of things to do and yet here I am hammering out my first blog post!

As my fledgling custom jewelry business grew I would often hear my enthusiastic friends and customers say, “JoAnn, you have got to start a blog!” So here I am, “pen” in hand, so to speak, full of anticipation (and maybe just a little bit of anxiety) to cut a new path in my creative journey.

As an artist I strive to stretch myself and do things that are challenging and new. Writing and journaling is a stretch for me as I prefer to express myself more visually than with words but the day has arrived and I come with an open heart ready to receive and give all it has to offer.

Thank you for joining me on my journey!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your BIG leap! Your jewelry is amazing and inspiring. Can't wait to read and see more!

    ReplyDelete