Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Treasured Day!


My friend, Sandy, and I spent this past Saturday at a workshop, “Pearls of Wisdom” with Cindy Gonzales at Gilding the Lily.    We both ogled over the online sample and were so excited to be able to take a workshop together. We couldn’t wait. 

When we arrived, Cindy had our workshop goodies all wrapped up in a cute packages including darling little vintage glass coffee cups, also filled with goodies, at each seat ready for us. Like kids at Christmas, we un-wrapped our packages and got started. We not only learned a new technique, we made new friends and really enjoyed ourselves, laughing and sharing. 

By the end of the class, we had a finished soldered bottle to take home. I was very pleased!   As an added touch,  Cindy gave us the little vintage cups! She was a great instructor!  I can’t wait to try this technique again on my own.

I always LOVE going into Gilding the Lily, so I was thrilled to share the experience with my friend, Sandy, who had not ever been.  We visited with the delightful Nancy, and Robin (Dudley-Howes)  who happened to stop by.  And to top off the day,  I found some wonderful vintage treasures, not to mention some GREAT inspiration! 

I left that day with a warm & happy heart and my wheels spinning.

2 comments:

  1. Joann...what a sweet bottle!! It sounds as though Cindy created a wonderful day for you ladies. And the goodies you found at Gilding the Lily are wonderful. I hope to be able to visit Nancy's lovely shop one day. Happy creating.
    Ta Ta
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joann,

    I love seeing your jewelry in print, big congrats to you!! I'm also glad to hear you enjoyed Cindy's class, I'm not surprised to it she always does great things!!

    xoDede

    ReplyDelete